Innovation & Growth Specialist
Newable works to unleash the extraordinary potential of Britain's entrepreneurs. We provide a range of products and services that help people grow and scale their businesses. Newable is looking to appoint Innovation & Growth Specialists to join a dynamic Business Advisory Team to help SMEs to build increased business resilience and position the business to grow.
The main purpose of the role is to make a significant contribution to the competitiveness of ambitious, high-growth innovative businesses mainly in London by providing tailored support across our Innovation and Growth services, to enhance their innovation management capacity leading to increasing business growth.
You will need to have wide-ranging, senior level experience in commercialising innovation, be of graduate calibre, together with business acumen and a desire to share your knowledge and experience with high growth companies. As an experienced businessperson you will use your knowledge and experience to advise SME owners, directors and managers overcome barriers to exploiting their ideas commercially.
A background of advising/coaching SMEs and the ability to demonstrate empathy for entrepreneurial culture and to build effective relationships at Board level are crucial. You will be a confident networker and be able to build professional relationships with private sector business support providers at local level. Excellent communication and presentation skills are essential.
It is expected that you will have experience of at least 5 years supporting innovative SMEs to commercialise their ideas and advise/coach SMEs in areas such as
- Validating and progressing new ideas and concepts
- Accessing innovation grant funding or private (equity) finance
- Sourcing external support such as technical expertise
- Identification and routes for protecting intellectual property
- Creating or refining value propositions and business models
- Addressing challenges concerning the scaling of new products or services
- Identifying and addressing areas crucial for innovation management
- Helping with the creation of strategies in areas such as marketing or sales.
Responsibilities will include:
- Identifying innovative businesses with the highest growth potential for commercialisation of their ideas
- Use holistic analysis tools to diagnose and assess client needs and provide tailored support to address these needs, including
- Acting as a strategic coach and mentor to clients to support them in developing their own long-term innovation strategy
- Assisting clients to prioritise issues and identify potential courses of action
- Support clients to embed principles of sustainable development
To perform this role to our high standards, you must be adaptable to accept new challenges, people-focused, an excellent communicator, analytical and innovative, with excellent planning and execution skills.Download Job Description
6th Floor, 140 Aldersgate Street, Barbican, London EC1A 4HY
£53,130 per year
Newable Bonus Package