Company Secretary - Aldersgate
Newable is committed to unleashing the extraordinary potential of Britain's business men and women. We provide a range of products and services that help people start up, sustain and scale their businesses.
Newable’s Finance team has a key role to play in supporting the Group’s ambitious growth plan – we require committed and knowledgeable individuals who can help us strengthen our stakeholders’ confidence in the Group by ensuring its assets are adequately protected through strong internal controls and partner with business units to deliver efficient and effective business performance management.
A new Company Secretary role has been created to undertake day-to-day administration of the Group’s company secretarial requirements and to support and advise the Group in its corporate governance and strategic objectives, activities currently undertaken by the Group Financial Controller. The role will report to the Deputy Group CFO.
Responsibilities will include:
- Day-to-day administration, including maintenance of statutory records, submission of necessary documentation to Companies House, preparation of Board & Committee papers and minute-taking at Board & Committee meetings
- Review of legal documentation and provision of advice on business transactions & projects
- Updating working knowledge of company secretarial laws and regulations, including filing practices & deadlines
Experience / skills required:
- Previous experience of company secretarial duties and related compliance
- Attention to detail
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Team player, self-motivated, flexible approach to workload
- Excellent written and verbal communication
6th Floor, 140 Aldersgate Street, Barbican, London EC1A 4HY
Competitive pro rata
Newable Bonus Package