Head of Tax - Aldersgate
Newable is committed to unleashing the extraordinary potential of Britain's business men and women. We provide a range of products and services that help people start up, sustain and scale their businesses.
Newable’s Finance team has a key role to play in supporting the Group’s ambitious growth plan – we require committed and knowledgeable individuals who can help us strengthen our stakeholders’ confidence in the Group by ensuring its assets are adequately protected through strong internal controls and partner with business units to deliver efficient and effective business performance management.
A new Head of Tax role has been created to continue to ensure timely and accurate production and submission of statutory taxation information for the Group as it grows and becomes more complex, as well as to offer tax advice to the Group’s business areas as required. Some of these activities are currently undertaken by the Group Financial Controller (to whom this role will report), others are being outsourced to external providers.
Responsibilities will include:
- Corporation tax compliance, including preparation & submission of computations and returns
- Provision of tax advice on business transactions and projects
- Management of payroll tax requirements
- VAT compliance, including preparation and submission of Group returns
- Calculation of consolidated monthly tax charge / accrual for Group management accounts
- Tax assistance / advice during preparation of annual budgets
- Liaison with external auditors and provision of relevant tax information as required
Experience / skills required:
- Qualified accountant with previous experience of tax compliance
- Attention to detail
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Excel proficiency
- Team player, self-motivated, flexible approach to workload
- Excellent written and verbal communication
6th Floor, 140 Aldersgate Street, Barbican, London EC1A 4HY
Competitive per year
Newable Bonus Package