Supply Chain Adviser - Aldersgate
Newable works to unleash the extraordinary potential of Britain's business men and women. We provide a range of products and services that help people start up, sustain and scale their businesses. Newable is looking to appoint a Supply Chain Adviser to join a dynamic Business Advisory Team to help SMEs to build increased business resilience and position the business to grow as conditions and markets recover.
The main purpose of the role is to make a significant contribution to the competitiveness of ambitious, high-growth female owned businesses in London by providing tailored support across our supply chain support services. In this role, you will deliver key account management services to support disadvantaged beneficiaries in order to assess their existing growth gaps and coaching needs, identify suitable action plan and assist in the successful implementation of the plan to grow.
The succefull applicant will have strong knowledge of supply chains and tendering support including pricing strategy/models. Experience with working with, Women Ethnic minority and disabled owned businesses and high growth companies
You will need to have wide-ranging, senior level experience in tendering and supporting female owned growth businesses, be of graduate calibre, together with business acumen and a desire to share your experience with high growth companies. As an experienced businessperson, you will use your knowledge and experience to assist SME owners, directors and managers overcome barriers to completing for and entering both corporate and public sector supply chains
A background of working with SMEs and the ability to demonstrate empathy for entrepreneurial culture and to build effective relationships at a senior level are crucial. You will be a confident networker and be able to build professional relationships with private sector business support providers at local level. Excellent communication and presentation skills are essential.
You should have experience of supporting a range diverse SMEs to tender and win work across multiple sectors or of other areas of small business growth, preferably spanning both the public and private business support environment.
Responsibilities will include :
- Identifying diverse business and matching them with commercial supply chain opportunities.
- Working with corporates to identify suitable opportunities and junctures to introduce new suppliers
- The use of holistic analysis tools to diagnose and assess client needs and provide tailored support to address these needs
- Assisting client in raising capital to strengthen lines of credit
- Supporting the clients directly on tenders and proposals with the clients
- Acting as a strategic coach and mentor to clients to support them in developing their own long term supply chain strategies and approaches
- Support clients to embed best practice and sustainable business models
To perform this role to our high standards, you must be people-focused, an excellent communicator, analytical and innovative, with excellent planning and execution skills.
6th Floor, 140 Aldersgate Street, Barbican, London EC1A 4HY
£35,000 - £37,000 per year
Newable Bonus Package