Underwriter/ Collections Analyst - Aldersgate
Newable is committed to unleashing the extraordinary potential of Britain's business men and women. We provide a range of products and services that help people start up, sustain and scale their businesses. At Newable Business Finance, we are focussed and driven in building a leading lending company, which offers small businesses the tools they need to grow at fair and responsible prices.
As an Underwriter, you will be critical in contributing to both automated and human decision processes, assessing our credit risk/mitigants and be an integral part of our risk function. You will be essential in helping define the strategy of our underwriting roadmap as we expand and help to lead the business. You will also work closely with the head of collections to analyse trends and ensure that collections’ data is being used to improve the underwriting process.
This is a great opportunity to be part of growing lending business and help shape its expansion to the next level.
Responsibilities will include:
- Support the delivery of lending decisions based on an overall consideration of risks and mitigants to risk, with high level of underwriting applied to each case commensurate to the risk.
- Compliance with the lending and credit policies as applicable to the business line.
- Provide AML/Fraud insights using our CIFAS database.
- Assist with post offer queries.
- Work effectively individually and as a team with the various functions of the division.
- Ensure all customer’s interactions are recorded according to the company’s policy and our reporting to the credit bureaus is accurate.
- Assist within ensuring there is a low level of arrears and losses.
- Ensure all checks for quality, compliance has been completed on systems.
- Ensure comprehensive up to date procedures/manuals are documented and followed.
- Evolve collection and underwriting strategy as data available.
Experience/skills required for the role:
- 3 years’ experience working within SME credit risk as underwriter ideally across multiple lender
- Exposure gained within new business processing or underwriting teams within asset finance(preferably), secured or unsecured lending
- Strong knowledge of SME lending, financial analysis and overall credit risk.
- Flexible and adaptable to new products, processes and policies.
- Knowledge of working under pressure to tight deadlines-a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to prioritise tasks.
Genuine interest in the fin-tech space, in particular business lending would be considered an asset. You should be flexible and adaptable to new products, processes and policies. You should be an excellent communicator, analytical and innovative
Download Job Description
6th Floor, 140 Aldersgate Street, Barbican, London EC1A 4HY
£30,000 - £40,000 pro rata
Newable Bonus Package