Event Marketing Manager - Aldersgate
Do you have experience developing strategic communication plans aimed at promoting oversubscribed business events?
Do you know how to plan and lead a content strategy aimed at building an engaged community, generate and convert leads?
Do you have experience managing a team, mentoring and coaching team members and building an unassuming, can-do team culture to achieve results?
Are you creative with a strategic mind-set and a passion for events and content creation?
Do you want to join an established business that has huge growth plans and the mission to help small and medium-sized business grow and thrive?
If you answered “yes” to the above questions, then we want you…
We are looking for a talented Event Marketing Manager who can lead the promotion of our business event programme, design, manage an engaging content strategy, and support the team with the management of high profile events.
Newable Events and Live Marketing team plan and deliver over 200 business events every year across a range of public and private sector programmes. Our clients include the Department for International Trade, Innovate UK, Enterprise Europe Network, European Commission, Greater London Authority and JP Morgan Chase Foundation, to name a few.
Reporting to the Head of Events and working closely with the Event Manager, you will be critical in ensuring the successful promotion of our business events across multiple accounts.
You will need to demonstrate vision, a proactive, ‘can-do’ attitude and possess an analytical, result-oriented mind-set with effective demonstration of the experience and skills outlined below.
- Develop a strategic communications plan to promote business events across a range of accounts with the objective of increasing quantity and quality of event recruitment, generating new leads and supporting the delivery of contractual targets.
- Lead a team of three.
- Design and deliver effective marketing campaigns, use innovative tactics, lead generation tools and multiple channels to drive event recruitment and generate leads.
- Report on event promotion and content KPIs.
- Lead the production and distribution of content across multiple channels.
- Use audience segmentation to personalize and optimize content.
- Ensure all promotional activities and content assets are on brand and on tone.
- Administer social media channels, plan, budget and deliver social media and PPC campaigns aimed at increasing engagement for our events and generating leads.
- Work with external agencies to plan and optimize campaigns, track and analyse results and maximize performance.
- Lead the development of event automation system on Salesforce and Pardot to improve attendee experience, client retention and post event engagement.
- Build partnership agreements to drive event recruitment and generate leads.
- Support the team with planning, budgeting and managing high profile business events when required.
- Mentor, coach existing and new team members on event promotion, lead generation and content marketing best practices.
Essential experience/skills required for the role (please provide examples in your application):
- More than 5 years’ business event promotion and management experience.
- More than 2 years’ experience planning, managing and promoting business events for Government Departments and public sector programmes in the UK.
- More than 2 years’ experience working with and creating copy for SMEs, advanced understanding of business growth.
- Line management experience (minimum of three staff line managed).
- Advanced audience segmentation skills.
- Advanced understanding of content marketing tactics and demonstrable ability to lead content marketing campaigns.
- Demonstrable experience using CRM and marketing automation systems for events.
- Demonstrable experience working with videographers and leading the production of video content.
- Social media, digital advertising and PPC experience.
- Intermediate Salesforce and Pardot skills.
- Demonstrable understanding of Department for International Trade, Innovate UK, Enterprise Europe Network and European Regional Development Fund’s branding requirements and promotional tools.
- Budget management in excess of £100,000.
- Experience using webinar software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Intermediate Photoshop and InDesign skills.
- Basic understanding of HTML for email marketing.
- Experience in producing reports of campaign results, maintain regular measurement of the campaigns’ ROI and report to senior management.
- Forward-thinking and creative.
- Strategic mind-set.
- Passionate about events and content creation.
- Team player who actively contributes to a positive culture.
- Confident in dealing and building relations with a wide range of stakeholders and clients.
- Degree in Marketing or Event Management or equivalent experience.
Understanding of SEO and Google Analytics would be considered an asset.Download Job Description
6th Floor, 140 Aldersgate Street, Barbican, London EC1A 4HY
£40,000 - £43,000 per year
Newable Bonus Package