Underwriter - Aldersgate
Newable is committed to unleashing the extraordinary potential of Britain's business men and women. We provide a range of products and services that help people start up, sustain and scale their businesses. At Newable Business Finance, we are focused and driven in building a leading lending company, which offers small businesses the tools they need to grow at fair and responsible prices.
As an Underwriter, you will be critical in contributing to both automated and human decision processes, assessing our credit risk/mitigants and be an integral part of our risk function. You will be essential in helping define the strategy of our underwriting roadmap as we expand and help to lead the business.
This is a great opportunity to be part of growing lending business and help shape its expansion to the next level.
Responsibilities will include:
- Support the delivery of lending decisions based on an overall consideration of risks and mitigants to risk, with high level of underwriting applied to each case commensurate to the risk.
- Compliance with the lending and credit policies as applicable to the business line.
- Provide AML/Fraud insights using our CIFAS database.
- Assist with post offer queries.
- Work effectively individually and as a team with the various functions of the division.
- Ensure all customer’s interactions are recorded according to the company’s policy and our reporting to the credit bureaus is accurate.
- Assist within ensuring there is a low level of arrears and losses.
- Ensure all checks for quality, compliance has been completed on systems.
- Ensure comprehensive up to date procedures/manuals are documented and followed.
Experience/skills required for the role:
- At least 2 years’ experience working as a previous underwriter experience, ideally from high street banks, challenger banks or asset finance provider.
- Strong knowledge of SME lending, financial analysis and overall credit risk.
- Flexible and adaptable to new products, processes and policies.
- Knowledge of working under pressure to tight deadlines-a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to prioritise tasks
Genuine interest in the fin-tech space, in particular business lending would be considered an asset. You should be flexible and adaptable to new products, processes and policies. You should be an excellent communicator, analytical and innovative.
Download Job Description
6th Floor, 140 Aldersgate Street, Barbican, London EC1A 4HY
£34,000 - £37,000 per year
Newable Bonus Package