Senior Event Executive
Newable is looking for refined and a highly motivated Senior Event Executive with a strong background in creating and managing a programme of national and international business events and the ambition to work with high profile clients.
Do you like to work in a fast-paced, growth-oriented environment?
Do you want to take ownership for a series of high-profile national and international events?
Do you have project management skills you can bring to event design and delivery?
Do you know what it takes to create a remarkable client and attendee experience?
Do you want to join a forward-thinking, employee-owned business with a great company culture that has the mission of helping other businesses to thrive and contributing to the growth of the UK economy?
If you answered ‘yes’ to the above questions, we want to hear from you.
About the role:
The Senior Event Executive role sits within the Newable Event and Live Marketing team, part of the Newable Advice department, and reports to the Event Manager.
The Senior Event Executive plays an instrumental role in achieving our ambitious growth plans and supporting the business support programmes we deliver on behalf of our important public and private sector clients.
In this role, you will lead on flagship programmes and be responsible for designing and project managing the delivery of a series of local, national, or international events with duties including, but not limited to:
- Design, plan, deliver, evaluate, and report on in person and virtual events part of the business support programmes delivered by Newable.
- Own projects end-to-end and be invested in achieving measurable
- Proactively engage with a range of stakeholders, including programme funders, attendees, clients, suppliers, sponsors, partners, internal and external teams to support the planning and delivery of your events and programmes.
- Represent Newable and its clients externally to develop the profile and reputation of Newable and its clients’ products and services.
- Deliver programmes of activities nationally (both virtually and in-person), liaising regularly with key stakeholders, programme funders, partners and attendees.
- Take business delegations to international visits and trade fairs in key overseas
- Operate within the project budget, manage income and expenditure, and always achieve the best value for money.
Please note the role requires frequent national or international travel to deliver events across the UK or overseas.
To be able to effectively deliver the tasks associated to this role, please see below some of the key skills and qualities you will need to demonstrate (please see the job description for the full list):
Knowledge and experience:
- 2+ years’ business event management (proven track record).
- 2+ years’ virtual event systems management experience (proven track record).
- 1+ years’ event marketing and communications experience (proven track record).
- Strong project management skills (proven track record).
- Strong negotiating abilities (proven track record).
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience managing national and international B2B events (desirable).
- Proactive, can-do
- Excellent time management and multitasking
- Exceptional problem solver, who owns projects start to finish, and is able to show initiative, innovation, and flexibility.
- Confident in dealing and building relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Highly organised and exceptional attention to
- Team player who actively contributes to building a positive team
- Robust and resilient – must have the ability to cope under pressure and work in a fast-paced, high-performing workplace.
- Excellent communicator (both written and verbal).
Newable is committed to unleashing the extraordinary potential of Britain's businessmen and women. Our purpose is to make sustainable profits from helping other businesses to thrive through our Advice, Money, and Flexible Workspace solutions.
Newable has quadrupled in size in the past 5 years and was named by Best Companies as the 17th Large Company to work for in London and 102nd in the UK.
Newable is an employee-owned business through the Newable Partnership. Employee ownership means everyone working at Newable is invested in the future and growth of our business – every employee has a stake in the organisation, and we have control over our own destiny.
Our award nominated Newable Events and Live Marketing team of 15 designs, promotes and delivers over 250 national and international business events and programmes every year for our high-profile clients including, among others, the Department for Business and Trade, Department for Science, Innovation and Technology, Innovate UK (the UK’s Innovation agency), Welsh Government, British Business Bank, Greater London Authority and Mayor of London, J.P. Morgan Chase Foundation.
Whether it is taking 15 businesses on a company visit to the USA or Japan, a programme of pitching workshops focused across an 8 week period, a full- day masterclass on a key topic for business growth, a conference for 500 female entrepreneurs, a Dragons’ Den-style pitching event for tech start-ups, or a 5-day hackathon - our mission is to run amazing events to help businesses thrive.
If this sounds exciting, please submit your application today!Download Job Description
6th Floor, 140 Aldersgate Street, Barbican, London EC1A 4HY
£33,000 - £35,000 per year
Newable Bonus Package