Senior Event Executive - London
Newable is looking for a highly motivated and talented Senior Event Executive with a strong background in managing and creating a programme of national and international events.
Do you have a passion for running world class business events?
Do you know what it takes to create a remarkable client and attendee experience?
Can you create compelling copy and event communication campaigns to have the right people attend your events?
Do you take on and own a project from start to finish and commit to achieving an incredible result no matter what it takes?
Do you challenge the status quo and ask why, when you think there is a better way?
Can you negotiate a great deal but have all parties feel like they got a great result?
If you answered yes to the above questions, Newable wants to hear from you.
About the role:
The Senior Event Executive role sits within our Event and Live Marketing team, part of the Newable Advice Department, and reports directly to the Event Manager.
The role will play an instrumental part in achieving our ambitious growth plans and supporting the delivery of the activities part of the business support programmes we deliver on behalf of our important private and public sector clients.
As Senior Event Executive you will lead on flagship programmes and be responsible for project managing the delivery or a series of national and international events with duties including but not limited to:
- Design, plan, deliver and evaluate an in person and virtual Event and Live Marketing programme to meet programme objectives and achieve agreed outcomes.
- Own projects from start to finish and be invested in achieving the result.
- Proactively engage with a wide range of stakeholders, including attendees, clients, suppliers, sponsors, partners, internal and external teams to support the planning and delivery of your events and programmes.
- Represent Newable and its clients externally in order to develop the profile and reputation of Newable and its client’s products and services.
- Take delegations to events and visits in key international markets.
- Operate within an event project budget, manage income and expenditure within an agreed budget and at all times achieve best value for money.
Please note the role requires frequent national or international travel to deliver events across the UK or overseas.
Newable is committed to unleashing the extraordinary potential of Britain's businessmen and women. We provide a range of products and services that help people start-up, sustain and scale their businesses.
Our awards nominated Newable Events and Live Marketing team plan and deliver over 250 national and international business events every year and provide event, content and marketing support across a range of public and private sector programmes delivered or offered by Newable. Our client portfolio includes the Department for Business, Energy, and Industrial Strategy (BEIS), Innovate UK (the UK’s Innovation Agency), London Business Hub, J.P. Morgan, to name a few.
Whether it is a virtual or in-person company visit taking 15 companies to the USA or Japan, a full-day masterclass or a conference for 500 female entrepreneurs, an investor pitching event for tech start-ups, an international exhibition or a programme bringing together young UK and African innovators to collaborate - our mission is to run events and one-to-many business support programmes to help businesses thrive.
To be considered for this role, you will need:
- 2+ years’ business event management (proven track record)
- 1+ years’ event marketing and communications experience (proven track record)
- 2+ years’ virtual event systems management experience (proven track record)
- Degree in Event Management or equivalent
- Proven negotiating abilities
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience using event registration platforms and online forms
- Experience using CRM and Marketing automation tools for events (e.g. Salesforce)
- Experience working with SMEs and understanding of business growth (preferable)
- Strong project management skills
- Proactive, can-do attitude
- Excellent time management & multitasking skills
- Exceptional problem solver, who owns projects start to finish, is pro-active and able to show initiative, innovation and flexibility
- Highly organised with a high level of attention to detail and analytical mindset
- Robust and resilient – must have the ability to cope under pressure and work in a fast-paced, high-performing workplace
- Excellent communicator (both written and verbal)
- Confident in dealing with a wide range of stakeholders and clients
- Team player who actively contributes to a positive team culture
If this sounds like you, please submit your application today!Download Job Description