Business Adviser - Aldersgate
Newable works to unleash the extraordinary potential of Britain's entrepreneurs. We provide a range of products and services that help people start up, sustain, and scale their businesses. Newable is looking to appoint Business Advisers with excellent analytical, interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills to establish a supportive relationship with a wide range of people and organisations to join a dynamic Innovation Team.
The main purpose of the role is to make a significant contribution to the development of the competitiveness and growth of London’s businesses through advising them on a range of business issues. You will also work collaboratively with other business support organisations across London to maximise opportunities for support and funding for London SMEs.
A background of working with SMEs and the ability to demonstrate empathy for entrepreneurial culture and to build effective relationships at Board level are crucial. You will be a confident networker and be able to build professional relationships with other public and private sector business support providers at a local level. Excellent communication and presentation skills are essential.
You should have experience of supporting SMEs at all stages of their life-cycle from early stage through to growth and succession. Specialist knowledge in a particular business function or sector would be an additional asset.
Responsibilities will include:
- Identifying businesses with growth potential where your intervention may make a difference, use holistic analysis tools to diagnose and assess client needs, and provide tailored support to address these needs.
- Identifying relevant funding and finance streams and advising SMEs during applications.
- Locating relevant commercial and/or technical cooperation partners for SMEs.
- Acting as a credible strategic coach and mentor to client businesses to identify them and support them in their development.
- Identifying, establishing, and managing relationships with business support organisations.
Experience of working with innovative and high growth SMEs will be a distinct advantage. You will collaborate with a team of Innovation advisers, sharing/referring expertise as required. You will need to have excellent networking, project management, reporting and communication skills, be familiar with the UK and SME innovation funding schemes, and be familiar with the regional and national business support infrastructure.
To perform this role to our high standards, you must be people-focused, an excellent communicator, analytical and innovative, with excellent planning and execution skills. You will be expected to work effectively on your own initiative and have experience of business customer relationship management.Download Job Description
6th Floor, 140 Aldersgate Street, Barbican, London EC1A 4HY
£35,000 - £37,000 per year
Newable Bonus Package