Senior Event Production Executive - Aldersgate
Do you have a passion for running world-class business events?
Do you have experience designing and managing events for innovation hubs, membership clubs, business event venues and/or community spaces?
Do you know what it takes to create a fantastic client and attendee experience?
Do you know how to manage high profile stakeholders and design event programmes that resonates with your target audience and delivers on contractual KPIs?
Do you own a project start to finish and commit to achieving an incredible result no matter what it takes?
Can you negotiate a great deal, but have all parties feel like they got a great result?
If you answered yes to the above questions, Newable wants to hear from you.
About the Opportunity
Newable is looking for a talented and highly motivated Senior Event Production Executive with a strong background in planning and managing events for innovation hubs, membership clubs, business event venues and/or community spaces to lead on the planning and delivery of a programme of events for a new business hub located in one of the most iconic and recognisable office buildings in the City of London.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced event professional who wants to be part of a fast-growing business, contribute to shaping the success of a new innovation catalyst in the very heart of London and take full ownership of a programme of high-profile business events.
For the last 40 years, Newable has worked with passionate people at the heart of the British economy, helping ambitious businessmen and women to start, sustain and grow.
We do this through our Advice services designed to help UK Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises (SMEs) become more innovative, access finance, succeed in international markets and achieve their business ambitions, as well as through our Money and Flexible Space solutions.
To find out more about how Newable helps businesses unleash their potential, please visit www.newable.co.uk.
About the Newable Events Team
Our awards-nominated Newable Events and Live Marketing team of 13 event and marketing professionals plan and deliver over 230 business events every year and provide event, content and marketing support across a range of business programmes delivered by Newable on behalf of key public and private sector clients. Our funders include the Department for International Trade, Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, Innovate UK (the UK’s Innovation Agency), London Business Hub (Mayor of London), JPMorgan Chase, local authorities and Local Enterprise Partnerships across the country.
Whether it is a virtual or in-person trade mission taking 15 businesses to the USA or other key overseas markets, a full-day masterclass on e-commerce or a conference for 500 female entrepreneurs, whether it is an investment readiness programmes for innovative SMEs seeking investment, an international exhibition in the Middle East or a business support programme bringing together young UK and African innovators to collaborate on tackling global challenges - our mission is to run events and one-to-many business support programmes to help UK businesses thrive.
About the role:
The Senior Event Production Executive role sits within our Event and Live Marketing team, part of the Newable Advice Department, and reports directly to the Event Manager.
As lead for the event programme in this new iconic innovation catalyst, you will act as the main point of contact for our client during the planning process as well as managing your own programme of events within the event space with duties including but not limited to:
- Design, plan, deliver and evaluate an in person and virtual Event and Live Marketing programme to meet client objectives and achieve agreed outcomes;
- Own the project from start to finish and be invested in achieving the result;
- Manage the event space within the innovation hub;
- Act as primary point of contact for our client during the planning process while also liaising with other on-site staff;
- Ensure that the client’s vision for the event programme is fully executed, and that the client is supported throughout the lifespan of the programme;
- Ensure all technical and logistical requirements at the managed event space are in place and working;
- Work with the Newable Event Marketing Team and Newable Central Marketing for creative and delivery support to your campaigns;
- Proactively engage and manage the relationship with a wide range of stakeholders, including attendees, clients, suppliers, sponsors, partners, internal and external teams to support the planning and delivery of your events;
- Represent Newable and its clients externally in order to develop the profile and reputation of Newable and its client’s products and services.
- Operate within an event project budget, manage income and expenditure within an agreed budget and at all times achieve best value for money.
You will be part of, and receive ongoing support from, a team of 13 people based in various locations across England, working together to deliver great results for our clients and business customers.
You will have access to the latest tech solutions to run digital and automated campaigns, design assets, manage clients, and be provided the necessary training and support to effectively perform your job.
To be considered for this role, you will need to possess a proactive, ‘can-do’ attitude, be an exceptional problem-solver able to own projects start to finish and show initiative, innovation and flexibility, with effective demonstration of the experience and skills outlined below:
Essential knowledge and experience required for the role:
- 3+ years’ business event management
- 1+ years’ experience designing and managing event programmes for innovation hubs, membership clubs, business event venues and/or community spaces
- 1+ years’ experience using virtual event systems
- Proven negotiating abilities
- Exceptional project management skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Experience using event registration platforms and online forms
- Experience using CRM and event automation tools (e.g. Salesforce)
- Budget management in excess of £30,000
Experience working with SMEs and understanding of business growth will be considered a bonus.
If this sounds like you, please submit your application today!Download Job Description
6th Floor, 140 Aldersgate Street, Barbican, London EC1A 4HY
£32,000 to £35,000 per year
Newable Bonus Package