Event Marketing Manager - Aldersgate
Do you have experience managing a high-performing marketing team supporting a range of client accounts?
Can you design effective marketing campaigns and communication strategies, activate brands, use innovative tactics and multiple channels to generate outstanding results?
Do you know how to execute an effective content strategy to build an engaged community, generate leads and showcase the campaign impact?
Do you have experience working with a range of stakeholders, ensuring your team consistently delivers against their targets and provides exceptional service to your clients?
Do you want to join an established business with huge growth plans and the mission to help businesses grow in partnership with key public and private sector organisations?
If you answered “yes” to the above questions, then we want you…
About the opportunity
Newable are looking for a refined Event Marketing Manager who can lead our team of four marketing professionals to provide end-to-end marketing and content support across a range of business support programmes, design an engaging content strategy and build effective working relationships with our key clients.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Marketing Manager who wants to be part of a fast-growing business, lead and take a talented team to the next level and work with high-profile stakeholders across the UK.
For the last 40 years, Newable has worked with passionate people at the heart of the British economy, helping ambitious businessmen and women to start, sustain and grow.
We do this through our Advice services designed to help UK Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises (SMEs) become more innovative, access finance, succeed in international markets and achieve their business ambitions, as well as through our Money and Flexible Space solutions.
To find out more about how Newable helps businesses unleash their potential, please visit www.newable.co.uk.
About the Newable Events Team
Our awards-nominated Newable Events and Live Marketing team of 15 event and marketing professionals plan and deliver over 230 business events every year and provide event, content and marketing support across a range of business programmes delivered by Newable on behalf of key public and private sector clients. Our funders include the Department for International Trade, Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, Innovate UK (the UK’s Innovation Agency), London Business Hub (Mayor of London), JPMorgan Chase, local authorities and Local Enterprise Partnerships across the country.
Whether it is a virtual or in-person trade mission taking 15 businesses to the USA or other key overseas markets, a full-day masterclass on e-commerce or a conference for 500 female entrepreneurs, whether it is an investment readiness programmes for innovative SMEs seeking investment, an international exhibition in the Middle East or a business support programme bringing together young UK and African innovators to collaborate on tackling global challenges - our mission is to run events and one-to-many business support programmes to help UK businesses thrive.
About the role
Reporting to the Head of Event and Live Marketing, the Event Marketing Manager is critical in ensuring the successful marketing delivery of Newable’s business support programmes and the achievement of our contractual targets.
Working closely with the Event Manager and the Relationship Manager, you will lead your team to plan, design and deliver effective on-brand marketing campaigns across a range of client accounts, produce and distribute compelling content, activate new brands and ensure all our clients receive first-class marketing and content support at all times.
Your key responsibilities will include:
Team and budget management:
- Manage a team of four Marketing Executives – recruit, induct, train and develop staff, set team and individual targets, manage performance, ensure deadlines are met, and each account receives the required level of support in line with the agreed KPIs.
- Manage the marketing budget across all supported accounts, ensure invoices are processed and paid timely and the supporting evidence is collected and readily available for auditing purposes.
- Design effective marketing and communications plans for each client account.
- Lead your team to design, budget and deliver effective marketing campaigns, use innovative tactics, lead generation tools and multiple marketing channels to drive event and programme recruitment, generate and convert new leads for our supported client accounts.
- Work with the Events team to create a detailed communications calendar for our events and programmes across all client accounts and maximize cross-programme promotion, where possible.
- Plan and manage a content marketing strategy for all supported client accounts.
- Lead your team to the produce and distribute compelling content across multiple channels to generate leads and document the impact of our client campaigns.
- Apply data analytics to personalise and optimise content based on targeted audience segmentation for each client account, collect, monitor and analyse data to improve performance.
- Ensure all required sign-off and approvals are acquired from clients and customers.
- Ensure all content is processed and stored safely and securely in line with the latest data protection regulations.
Marketing assets production:
- Ensure your team produces on-brand and on-tone marketing assets required to support our client accounts.
- Select and liaise with external suppliers to enable your team to design, produce and proofread marketing collateral.
- Ensure all marketing collateral and campaigns designed by your team is properly proofread, meet the brand and tone requirements set by our funders and align with the Newable identity guidelines, if relevant.
Social media management:
- Lead your team to administer social media channels across all supported client accounts plan, budget, oversee and deliver social media and PPC campaigns.
- Work with external agencies to plan and optimise campaigns, track and analyse results to maximise performance.
- Collect, monitor and analyse social media metrics, and make improvements accordingly.
- Use marketing automation to increase event recruitment, generate and nurture leads, improve client retention and the pre and post-event attendee experience.
Stakeholder and partnership management:
- Work with the Relationship Manager and Event Manager to develop effective relationships with our internal and external stakeholders.
- Build and nurture agreements with key partners aimed at driving event and programme recruitment, generating leads and raise brand awareness.
- Ensure all supported client accounts receive quality service at all times.
Reporting and team culture:
- Report to the Newable senior management on marketing and content KPIs.
- Contribute to the success of the business as an active member of the Event Leadership Team.
- Contribute to building a performance-driven, “single team” culture within your team, the Events and Live Marketing team and the Advice Department, embracing the Newable corporate values: Dream Big, Get Going, Always Improve, Pass It On, Grow Together.
To qualify for this role, you need to have vision, effective line and team management experience, possess a proactive, ‘can-do’ attitude and an analytical, result-oriented mindset with demonstratable track-record of the experience and skills outlined below:
Essential knowledge and experience (please provide examples in your application):
- 5+ years’ experience managing multiple marketing accounts, preferably in an agency or equivalent.
- 5+ years’ experience designing, budgeting and delivering multichannel campaigns, preferably for business marketing.
- 5+ years’ line management experience (3+ staff).
- email marketing campaign experience with demonstrable success in increasing Open Rates, Click Through Rates and Conversion Rate and segmenting audiences
- CRM and marketing automation experience;
- High-lead generation campaigns’ experience, preferably for business marketing;
- Experiencing activating and managing multi-brands and following approval and compliance requirements of clients
- content production and distribution’s experience/portfolio with extensive video, email, digital promo/PPC and written content;
- marketing asset design’s experience;
- project management’s experience;
- social media management’s experience;
- marketing supplier’s management experience.
- Budget management in excess of £100,000
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Advanced Microsoft Office Skills
- Intermediate Photoshop and InDesign skills
Desirable knowledge and experience (please provide examples in your application):
- Event marketing experience
- Experience working with SMEs and understanding of business growth
- Experience line managing temporary staff and agency workers
- Experience delivering projects for public sector clients
- Experience working with videographers and leading the production of video content
- Google Analytics and SEO skills
- Pardot Experience
- PPC campaign experience
- Strategic mindset
- Confident in managing staff and team performance
- Passionate about marketing and content
- Confident in building relationships with a range of stakeholders
- Focused and self-motivated (able to take ownership of a project and committed to achieving the result)
- Team player who actively contributes to a positive culture
- Robust and resilient – able to cope and deliver under pressure
A degree in Marketing or equivalent, and/or a certificate/diploma in Professional Marketing will be considered a plus.Download Job Description
6th Floor, 140 Aldersgate Street, Barbican, London EC1A 4HY
£42,000 - £45,000 per year
Newable Bonus Package