Event Marketing Executive - London or South East
Newable is looking for a creative, highly organised and motivated Event Marketing Executive to join our talented and dynamic team.
This is a great opportunity to leverage and grow your marketing skills, and showcase our diverse range of B2B events and business support programmes to audiences across the UK.
You can choose to work either at our Aldersgate office or our office in Whiteley, with flexible working arrangements available.
Do you have experience running high-performing marketing campaigns?
Can you create engaging marketing emails campaigns, eye-catching graphics, and shareable social content?
Do you have excellent copywriting and proofreading skills with an analytical mindset?
Do you have a problem-solving mindset and enjoy a fast-paced workplace, where you can own projects from start to finish?
Do you want to play an instrumental role in helping businesses across the UK to start, grow and thrive?
If you answered “yes” to the above questions, then we want you…
For the last 40 years, Newable has worked with passionate people at the heart of the British economy, helping ambitious businessmen and women to start, sustain and grow.
We do this through our Advice services designed to help UK Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises (SMEs) become more innovative, access finance, succeed in international markets and achieve their business ambitions, as well as through our Money and Flexible Space solutions.
To find out more about how we help businesses unleash their potential, please visit www.newable.co.uk.
Newable Events Team
Our awards-nominated Newable Events and Live Marketing team plan and deliver over 230 business events every year and provide event, content and marketing support across a range of public and private sector programmes delivered by Newable. Our clients include the Department for International Trade (DIT), Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS), Innovate UK (the UK’s Innovation Agency), London Business Hub (Mayor of London), JPMorgan Chase, local authorities and Local Enterprise Partnerships (LEPs) across the country.
Whether it is a virtual or in-person trade mission taking 15 companies to the USA or other key overseas markets, a full-day masterclass or a conference for 500 female entrepreneurs, whether it is an angel pitching event for tech start-ups, an international exhibition or a comprehensive business support programme bringing together young UK and African innovators to collaborate on tackling global challenges - our mission is to run events and one-to-many business support programmes to help UK businesses thrive.
This is a great opportunity to be part of a growing business working at the heart of the British economy, and help take its expansion to the next level.
Reporting to the Event Marketing Manager, you will be critical in supporting the promotion of our business events and programmes across multiple accounts.
Working with our high-profile clients to develop effective marketing campaigns that fill their events/business support programmes, reduce drop–off rates and deliver an engaging start to finish attendee experience, you will be essential in making our extensive event and business support programmes successful.
Responsibilities will include:
- Strategically plan, budget, deliver and evaluate marketing campaigns.
- Translate the client brief into a comprehensive marketing campaign, working with our clients to understand their brand and objectives, ensuring they are delivered.
- Use innovative tactics, lead generation tools and multiple communication channels to fill our events.
- Produce high-quality promotional campaign assets, including landing pages, emails, PR and videos.
- Develop compelling material to showcase our expertise and client success, including case studies and highlight reels (liaising with external suppliers as required)
- Manage social media channels and plan, design and execute digital PPC campaigns.
- Track and analyse campaign results, proactively suggest changes, new channels, tools and best practice to improve performance.
- Ensure that all marketing activities meet the brand and tone requirements set by our funders.
- Use our CRM system (Salesforce and Pardot) to build, test and schedule email marketing campaigns within the agreed deadlines.
- Manage and keep up-to-date the automated email communications templates
- Support the marketing team as required with: creating engaging content (i.e. success stories, blogs, thought leadership posts, articles, podcasts etc.), proofreading content and marketing assets, designing collateral and liaising with external graphic designers.
You will be part of, and receive ongoing support from, a team of 15 people based in various locations across England, working together to deliver great results for our clients and business customers.
You will have access to the latest tech solutions to run digital and automated campaigns, design assets, manage clients, and be provided the necessary training and support to effectively perform your job.
You will need to demonstrate a proactive, ‘can-do’ attitude and possess an analytical, result-oriented mindset with effective demonstration of the experience and skills outlined below.
Essential knowledge and experience required for the role:
- At least 2 years’ marketing and communications experience (including email marketing and social media)
- At least 1 years’ experience using CRM and marketing automation systems (e.g. Salesforce, Pardot, Mailchimp)
- Excellent project management skills, highly organised and a great multi-tasker
- Advanced email marketing and audience segmentation experience
- Excellent copywriting and proofreading skills
- Experience in tracking and producing reports of campaign results
- Self-motivated and pro-active who is able to show innovation, flexibility and alternative thinking
- High level of attention to detail and analytical mindset
- Creative with a strong eye for design
- Adaptive team player who actively contributes to a positive team culture
- Excellent written and verbal communication and confident in dealing with a wide range of stakeholders and clients
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Basic Photoshop/InDesign skills
Desirable knowledge and experience:
- Experience working with SMEs and understanding of business growth
- Experience promoting business events and/or B2B products and services
- Experience with Pardot
- Demonstrable PPC campaigns experience
- Experience with Hootsuite
- Advanced Photoshop/InDesign skills
Download Job Description