Event Marketing Executive (Whiteley) - Whiteley
Newable is looking for two talented, highly organised, creative and motivated Event Marketing Executives with strong marketing backgrounds to market our diverse range of UK business support B2B events and programmes.
You can choose to work either at our Aldersgate office or our office in Whiteley, with flexible remote working arrangements available.
Do you have experience running high-performing marketing campaigns?
Can you create engaging marketing emails campaigns, eye-catching graphics, and shareable social content?
Do you have excellent copywriting and proofreading skills with an analytical mindset?
Do you have a problem-solving mindset and enjoy a fast-paced workplace, where you can own projects from start to finish?
Do you want to play an instrumental role in helping businesses across the UK to start, grow and thrive?
If you answered “yes” to the above questions, then we want you…
Newable is committed to unleashing the extraordinary potential of Britain's business men and women. We provide a range of products and services that help people start-up, sustain and scale their businesses.
Newable Events Team
Our awards-nominated Newable Events and Live Marketing team plan and deliver over 220 business events every year and provide event, content and marketing support across a range of public and private sector programmes delivered or offered by Newable. Our client portfolio includes the Department for International Trade (DIT), Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS), Innovate UK (the UK’s Innovation Agency), London Business Hub and other Local Enterprise Partnerships (LEPs), the European Commission and JPMorgan Chase, to name a few.
Whether it is a virtual or in-person trade mission taking 15 companies to the USA or other key overseas markets, a full-day masterclass or a conference for 500 female entrepreneurs, whether it is an angel pitching event for tech start-ups, an international exhibition or a programme bringing together young UK and African innovators to collaborate - our mission is to run business events and one-to-many business support programmes to help UK businesses thrive.
This is a great opportunity to be part of a growing business and help take its expansion to the next level.
Reporting to the Event Marketing Manager, you will be critical in supporting the promotion of our business events across multiple accounts. Working with clients to develop effective marketing campaigns that fill their event/programme, reduce drop–off rates and deliver an engaging start to finish attendee experience, you will be essential in making our extensive event programme successful.
Responsibilities will include:
- Strategically plan, budget, deliver and evaluate marketing campaigns across all programmes supported by the Event and Live Marketing team.
- Translate the client brief into a comprehensive marketing campaign, working with our clients to understand their objectives and ensure they are delivered.
- Use innovative tactics, lead generation tools and multiple communication channels to fill our events.
- Produce high-quality campaign assets to promote our events (e.g. copy, landing pages, emails, social media, PR, videos)
- Produce high-quality material to showcase our expertise and client success (e.g case studies, highlight reels), liaising with external suppliers as required.
- Design compelling visuals to maximise campaign conversions/engagement.
- Track and analyse campaign results, proactively suggest changes, new channels, tools and best practice to improve performance.
- Ensure that all marketing activities meet the brand and tone requirements set by our funders.
- Use our CRM system (Salesforce and Pardot) to build, test and schedule email marketing campaigns within the agreed deadlines.
- Manage and keep up-to-date the automated email communications templates
- Plan, design and manage social media and PPC campaigns, including creating online banner adverts.
- Support the marketing team as required with: creating engaging content (i.e. success stories, blogs, thought leadership posts, articles, podcasts etc.), proofreading content and marketing assets, designing collateral in InDesign and Photoshop and liaising with external graphic designers.
You will be part of, and receive support from, a team of 15 people based in various locations across England, working together to deliver great results for our clients and business customers.
You will have access to the latest tech solutions running digital and automated campaigns, designing assets, managing clients, and be provided the necessary training to perform your job.
You will need to demonstrate a proactive, ‘can-do’ attitude and possess an analytical, result-oriented mindset with effective demonstration of the experience and skills outlined below.
Experience/skills required for the role:
- At least 2 years’ marketing and communications experience (including email marketing, social media, )
- At least 1 years’ experience using CRM and marketing automation systems (e.g. Salesforce)
- Excellent project management skills, highly organised and a great multi-tasker
- Excellent copywriting and proofreading skills
- Experience in tracking and producing reports of campaign results
- Self-motivated and pro-active who is able to show innovation, flexibility and alternative thinking
- High level of attention to detail and analytical mindset
- Creative with a strong eye for design
- Adaptive team player who actively contributes to a positive team culture
- Excellent written and verbal communication and confident in dealing with a wide range of stakeholders and clients
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Experience using Pardot, Photoshop, InDesign and Hootsuite, confidence in dealing with a range of internal and external stakeholders, experience working with SMEs and understanding business growth would be considered an asset.
Although these posts are offered with a fixed term contract until 31 March 2022, there will be development opportunities as Newable seeks to grow in the next 5 years.
Newable is committed to equal opportunities for all, irrespective of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, or any other protected grounds. Disabled people who meet all of the essential criteria will be invited to interview.
Download Job Description
Newable, South East, Unit 10 Fulcrum, 2 Solent Way, Whiteley, Fareham, PO15 7FN
£26,000 - £28,000 per year
Newable Bonus Package