London Business Hub - Business Adviser - Aldersgate
Newable works to unleash the extraordinary potential of Britain's business men and women. We provide a range of products and services that help people start up, sustain and scale their businesses. Newable is looking to appoint a Business Adviser to join a dynamic team which will work within the Greater London Authority’s London Business Hub.
The main purpose of the role is to make a significant contribution to the development of the competitiveness and growth of London’s businesses through advising them on a range of business issues. You will also work collaboratively with other business support organisations across London in order to maximise opportunities for support and funding for London SMEs.
You will need to have wide-ranging business support experience, have preferably run a business yourself in the past, be of graduate calibre, and have in-depth knowledge and skills to support clients in navigating through the barriers hampering their growth.
A background of working with SMEs and the ability to demonstrate empathy for entrepreneurial culture and to build effective relationships at Board level are crucial. You will be a confident networker and be able to build professional relationships with other public and private sector business support providers at a local level. Excellent communication and presentation skills are essential.
You should have experience of supporting SMEs at all stages of their life-cycle from early stage through to growth and succession. Some specialist knowledge in a particular business function or sector would be an additional asset.
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop local awareness of the role of the London Business Hub
- Identifying businesses with specific needs and/or growth potential where your intervention may make a difference and actively see enquires from local businesses that have never accessed business support.
- Use holistic analysis tools to diagnose and assess client needs and provide tailored support to address these needs, including:
- Provision of information, diagnostics and brokerage
- Acting as a strategic coach and mentor to clients to support them in developing their own long-term strategy
- Assisting clients to prioritise issues and identify potential courses of action
- Support clients to embed principles of sustainable development
- Develop working relationships with local councils and stakeholders
To perform this role to our high standards, you must be people-focused, an excellent communicator, analytical and innovative, with excellent planning and execution skills.
6th Floor, 140 Aldersgate Street, Barbican, London EC1A 4HY
£32,000 - £34,000 per year
Newable Bonus Package